Pumpkin Crusted Chicken with Lemon Chia Dressed Salad
- Prep time 45 mins
- Cook time 10 mins
- Ready in 55 mins
With a lovely pumpkin seed crust, these chicken strips are simply delicious. When you pair with an amazing bright and fresh salad dressing, you are all set for a lovely meal.
- Salad dressing:
- For the chicken strips:
- Make the dressing ahead if you can.
- If you have an immersion blender or countertop blender, that is easiest. Add all of the dressing ingredients to the vessel and puree until smooth. If you don’t have one, then chop all of the ingredients by hand until minced fine and then stir together.
- Get yourself three medium bowls. In one bowl add flour. In a second bowl, whisk together eggs with a tablespoon of water. In a third bowl, add the pumpkin seeds.
- Coat all the chicken strips in flour.
- One at a time, dip chicken strips in egg and then coat in pumpkin seeds and set aside.
- Pre-heat oil in a large frying pan on medium heat. Place strips into pan and cook until golden brown on both sides and the chicken is cooked all the way through. Add more oil to the pan as required if you are cooking in batches.
- Remove the chicken strips from the pan and season well with salt and pepper.
- Now you can build your salad. Use your favourite greens, sprouts, peppers, onions, quinoa, and legumes.
- Dress your salad and top with the chicken strips or serve them on the side.
If you are going to go the mason jar route, build your salad in layers for a nice visual effect. Keep the dressing on the side if you are using wilt-able lettuces and leave a bit of head room so you can toss the salad, once you have added your dressing.