Honey Soy Pork with Smashed Potatoes
- Prep time 15 mins
- Cook time 50 mins
- Ready in 1 hour 5 mins
This dead simple dish comes together in minutes and bakes all together hopefully in your countertop oven (to save on electricity) and then puts a smile on your face with how tasty it is.
- Start by mixing the honey, sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger, red pepper flakes and salt in a mixing bowl and stir to incorporate.
- Add the pork steaks to the mixing bowl and toss well to coat both sides of the steaks.
- Now add your diced potatoes and garlic to a small roasting pan or a shallow casserole dish. I like to cook this recipe in my toaster oven, but if you don’t have one the regular oven will do.
- Drizzle some olive oil over you potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the water to the pan and then place the sauced pork steaks right over top of the potatoes.
- Roast in a preheated 375° F for 50 minutes.
- Place the steaks on a plate and then in a rustic fashion, crush the potatoes with a large fork or a potato masher.
- Check the seasoning; add some fresh chopped oregano if desired and serve, preferably with a nice side salad to bump up your veggie intake.
Remove or add more red pepper flakes to play with the spiciness of this dish.