Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Honey Soy Pork with Smashed Potatoes
- Prep time 15 mins
- Cook time 50 mins
- Ready in 1 hour 5 mins
This dead simple dish comes together in minutes and bakes all together hopefully in your countertop oven (to save on electricity) and then puts a smile on your face with how tasty it is.
- Start by mixing the honey, sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger, red pepper flakes and salt in a mixing bowl and stir to incorporate.
- Add the pork steaks to the mixing bowl and toss well to coat both sides of the steaks.
- Now add your diced potatoes and garlic to a small roasting pan or a shallow casserole dish. I like to cook this recipe in my toaster oven, but if you don’t have one the regular oven will do.
- Drizzle some olive oil over you potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the water to the pan and then place the sauced pork steaks right over top of the potatoes.
- Roast in a preheated 375° F for 50 minutes.
- Place the steaks on a plate and then in a rustic fashion, crush the potatoes with a large fork or a potato masher.
- Check the seasoning; add some fresh chopped oregano if desired and serve, preferably with a nice side salad to bump up your veggie intake.
Remove or add more red pepper flakes to play with the spiciness of this dish.
Reviews on "Honey Soy Pork with Smashed Potatoes" (2)