Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Watermelon Monster Salad
- Prep time 30 mins
- Ready in 30 mins
Leave a Review
This is a fun and healthy option to put on the table at a Halloween party and offers a great respite from the mounds of sugar typically available at this time of year.
- In order to get the watermelon ready to carve, you need figure out how you want it to sit in the end. Once you get that figured, cut a slice off the bottom so the watermelon will sit flat on the platter.
- The next step is to remove as much flesh from the inside of the watermelon as you can.
- Now you need to draw your mouth with a sharpie and then carve that out carefully. To make the teeth stand out you can shave off the green layer of the rind with a paring knife.
- Now cut the plums in half and stick them in place with toothpicks.
- Cut the rest of your fruit up including the gutted watermelon pieces to make a fruit salad.
If you are using apples or pears in you salad, toss with a touch of fresh lemon juice.