Green Eggs and Ham
That is right…Just like the Dr. Suess classic, green eggs! The only difference is with this recipe, the eggs are green because of pureed kale instead of a creation of the magical mind of Theodore Suess Geisel.
- The easiest way to cook the kale is to chop into pieces and remove any large stem pieces. Next add the kale to a large pre-heated fry pan along with ¼ cup of water. Stir regularly until the kale is dark green and completely wilted. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Once the kale has cooled a little squeeze any excess water and add to a food processor or blender with the coconut milk and one of the eggs. Puree until smooth. Alternatively you could use and immersion blender.
- Whisk the remaining 5 eggs in a large bowl with the pureed kale mixture, salt and paprika. Make sure you whisk until everything is incorporated well.
- Now preheat your egg pan on medium heat. Add a touch of butter or oil and then the onion and ham. Sauté, stirring regularly, until the onions are lightly browned.
- Add the garlic and sauté, stirring frequently, for about 1 minute longer.
- Now add a bit more butter or oil and then the egg mixture and scramble. Once the eggs are finished, serve with some extra veggies and a piece of toast and enjoy your green eggs and ham!
- PREP 15 mins
- COOK 10 mins
- If you are making this for young children you may want to skip the onions and garlic if necessary and don’t tell them that kale is making the eggs green 🙂