Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Jalapeño Lime Spiced Nuts
- PREP 15 mins
- COOK 4 hours
A very tasty alternative to expensive premade flavoured nuts, this recipe is pretty simple. You just need a little time and patience.
- Drain the nuts from the soaking water and then place them on a clean kitchen rag or paper towel to dry. You can skip the soaking process if you do not have time to wait, but soaking has many benefits according to many nutrition experts.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the mustard, egg white, jalapeño, spices and lime zest (all the rest of the ingredients except the lime juice) and whisk very well.
- Add the drained nuts and stir to coat very well.
- Using a slotted spoon, scoop the nuts and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 200° F for about 4 hours or until the nuts are dry and crunchy, stirring several times throughout the process.
- Drizzle the nuts with the lime juice and then place back in the oven for 15 minutes until the juice is dry.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature and enjoy often!
Skip the jalapeño if you are not a fan of heat.