Indian Carrot Salad
Beautiful and vibrant, this turmeric and coriander spiced carrot salad is wholesome, easy to make and the perfect side to chicken, beef or even seafood.
- You will need about ½ cup of uncooked rice to make 1 ½ cups cooked. Cook the rice and then spread on a plate to cool. Then combine with the carrots in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Preheat a medium fry pan on medium heat. Add the butter and once it melts a little, add the onion and celery. Sauté, stirring occasionally until the onions are lightly browned all over.
- Now add the ginger, turmeric, coriander, salt and pepper and sauté for about 1 minute more, stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat and transfer to the mixing bowl with the rice and carrots.
- Add the yogurt and vinegar and give a good stir.
- Your amazing salad is done and ready to be eaten. Serve warm or cold.
- PREP 15 mins
• Add ¼ cup of chopped cilantro for that fresh taste.
• You could make this salad with barley or quinoa instead of rice for another option.