Chocolate Avocado Pudding
I have an idea…instead of processed sugary and starchy custard for a pudding base, how about naturally thick and rich pureed avocado? Avocados are full of Omega-3’s, anti-oxidants and are very mild in flavour. Chocolate blends in beautifully and the end result is a healthy compromise delicious dessert!
- Chop the chocolate into small chunks and gently melt in a double boiler. I used 3 squares of Bakers brand chocolate for this recipe and it worked well.
- Once melted, take the chocolate off of the stove and stir in the coconut milk until totally combined. Set aside for a moment.
- Pit the avocados and then place them in a food processor and puree until nice and smooth. If you don’t have a food processor, you can mash the avocadoes by hand, but you will need to be thorough.
- Add the cocoa powder for a double chocolate kick and if you have a sweet tooth, you may want the honey too, but both ingredients are optional. Finally add the salt and thoroughly mix again until everything is incorporated. If mixing by hand, use a whisk at this point.
- Now add the chocolate/coconut milk blend and once again mix thoroughly.
- You can serve immediately or chill and serve later. If you decide to chill, the pudding is going to thicken up in the fridge as it get cold. You may want to stir ¼ cup of water into the pudding before chilling so it’s not too thick.
- PREP 15 mins
- COOK 5 mins
- Want a great chocolate icing for cupcakes or cake? Skip the water and chill and spread this on your dessert instead of the usual sugar jolt.