Spanish Potato Omelette
- PREP 25 mins
- COOK 27 mins
Roasted garlic, onions and cauliflower are what boost the flavours of this tasty and simple dish. The recipe is a lighter version of a Spanish tortilla. You can bake the omelette in any casserole dish that is roughly 8 by 12 and it will turn out great.
- Brush the casserole dish with some butter or oil and set aside for the moment.
- Next pre-heat a large fry pan on medium heat. Add the butter along with the onion and garlic and sauté until they begin to brown.
- Now add the cauliflower and sauté, stirring regularly until everything is nicely caramelized.
- Add the cumin seeds and sauté for another minute to toast and then transfer everything to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the steamed potatoes to the mixing bowl and gently toss to distribute the ingredients evenly and then transfer to the buttered casserole dish.
- Using the same mixing bowl, vigorously whisk the eggs, coconut milk, salt and paprika and then pour the mixture over top of the veggies in the casserole dish.
- Bake in a preheated 350° F oven until the eggs are cooked through and lightly browned on top.
- If you want to take this ‘tortilla’ to the next level then add a generous portion of shredded Spanish manchego cheese on top just before you place in the oven.