Chocolate Chia Power Cookies
- Prep time 25 mins
- Cook time 20 mins
- Ready in 45 mins
This is a delicious alternative to premade power bars. Loaded with the power of chia and hemp and using honey instead of sugar there is much nutrition packed into this cookie and it makes a great snack to pack for a hike, bike or paddle. It is also gluten, nut and dairy free if that matters to you.
- Dry ingredients:
- Wet ingredients:
- Mix the dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Set aside. You can grind your own oats in a food processor or blender instead of buying the Bob’s oat flour to save a little money.
- Mix the wet ingredients together and whisk until completely incorporated.
- Now add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until completely incorporated.
- Let the mix sit for 20 minutes. During this time, the liquid will absorb into the oats and seeds and the chia seeds especially will thicken the batter.
- Divide the dough into desired sized cookies. I used a large cookie scoop to achieve this easily and ended up with 12 cookies.
- At this point you have a choice. You can leave the cookies raw or you can bake them. If you are going with raw, place in a storage container and keep in the fridge.
- If you decide to bake them, which is what I prefer, preheat the oven to 325 ° F and bake for about 18 minutes on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Store in an airtight container and freeze them if you are not going to get through them within a few days.
You can achieve a bit more of a smooth textured cookie by grinding the hemp and chia seeds in a coffee grinder, blender or food processor before mixing up the batter.