Candied Salmon Devilled Eggs
This is one of our favourite variations on devilled eggs. The candied salmon goes so well as a supporting flavour role to the egg mix and actually tries to steal the show.
- In a large pot, cover 12 eggs with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Immediately reduce to a gentle boil over medium heat. Boil until yolks are hard, approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and run eggs under cold water until eggs are cool. Alternatively place eggs in an ice bath to stop the cooking process.
- Gently peel egg shell and cut in half lengthwise. Remove egg yolks and place in a small mixing bowl. Mix in mayonnaise, salmon and chilli powder.
- Evenly spoon yolk mixture into egg whites. Garnish with a piece of candied salmon and herb.
- PREP 20 mins
- COOK 12 mins
- Spice up your life with some chipotle peppers. Omit the chilli powder and add some finely chopped peppers to taste.
- Experiment with your favourite seafood. Shrimp, crab or lobster are great substitutes for the candied salmon
- For traditional devilled eggs, omit the salmon and mix in 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard and garnish with a sprinkle of paprika