Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
- Prep time 20 mins
- Cook time 10 mins
The Kebab has been done so many different ways in so many different countries and believe it or not is not always on a skewer. Here is my version using turkey thigh meat although you could use any ground meat.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir thoroughly to combine. Let the mixture sit in the fridge for 2 hours. This will allow the salt and spices to set in giving the kebabs nice texture and flavour.
- Preheat a large fry pan on medium heat.
- Form the mixture into little ‘footballs’ and add a drizzle of oil to the pan and then fry the kebabs. Brown them nicely on all sides and make sure they are cooked through.
- Serve the kebabs with some rice and veggies or as in the picture, wrapped in naan or a pita with tomato, onions, peppers and tzatziki. Yuummmy!
- Other spices that work nicely include cardamom, coriander, cumin and curry powder.
- Use these little guys as meatballs for spaghetti!