Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Cauliflower Fried Rice
- PREP 20 mins
- COOK 10 mins
If you are looking for a nice light dish, here you have it. This delicious recipe is easy, enjoyable and light. It makes a great side dish and to turn it into a full meal, just add some protein.
- Chop the cauliflower very fine so that it resembles rice. You can do this by hand using a chef’s knife or you can also accomplish this in a food processor using the pulse function. Just roughly chop the cauliflower first.
- Preheat a large fry pan on medium heat. Add the butter and then the cauliflower and cumin seeds. Sauté until the cauliflower is lightly browned, stirring regularly.
- Add the salt, pepper and red pepper and sauté for a minute longer.
- Serve this up with a sprinkling of cilantro as part of a delicious dinner!
- Add some extra flavour by adding 1 tablespoon of minced garlic along with the red pepper.