Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
- Prep time 30 mins
- Cook time 20 mins
- Ready in 30 mins
Leave a Review
These are deliciously simply little appy’s that look very nice arranged on a platter. They make a healthy approach to entertaining and with their high protein content, they make a great snack on the go.
- Combine the eggs with the coconut milk in a mixing bowl and whisk vigorously.
- Now add the chickpea flour, salt, pepper and turmeric in a mixing bowl and whisk together vigorously until nice and smooth.
- Add the chickpeas and mash into the batter a little.
- Preheat a large fry pan on medium heat and then add the onions, garlic and jalapeño. Sauté, stirring regularly until the onions begin to brown.
- Add the chard and sauté until wilted and then transfer the veggie right from the pan into the chickpea batter. Stir well.
- Give the pan a quick cleaning if necessary and then re-heat on medium heat. Add a little oil and then place a large spoon of the batter into the hot pan. Cook until lightly browned (about 3 minutes) and then flip and brown again.
- Serve warm with a dollop of yogurt and enjoy!
Add other veggies into the batter like sautéed peppers, zucchini or spinach.