Roasted Rosemary Eggplant
We have provided you with a recipe that goes well as part of dinner or as a nice snack. Check out the variations to see what else you can do with this recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Cut the ends and peel the eggplant. Cut in half and score the eggplant about 1/3 of the way through making a nice cross pattern.
- Combine olive oil, shallots, garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl and stir very well. **Alternatively you can skip all of the chopping and add everything from step 3 to a mini food processor and puree**
- Place the eggplant into a casserole dish or roasting pan and then brush liberally with the olive oil mixture. Make sure to brush in all of the score marks that you cut.
- Now transfer to the oven and roast until the eggplant is nicely browned all over.
- Remove from the oven and serve as the vegetable portion of a meal or use as a snack on its own.
- PREP 15 mins
- COOK 20 mins
- Wanna turn this roasted eggplant into a super yummy dip…take one half roasted eggplant and combine in a food processor or blender with ¼ cup plain yogurt, ¼ teaspoon paprika and 1 teaspoon lemon juice and puree until smooth.
- Use the dip in place of mayo on your sandwich or wrap.