Chilled Cucumber Soup
Very easy and super refreshing, this soup is fantastic on a warm day. With a little extra work you can make a nice presentation for a dinner party too! The nice part…you can do all the work ahead of time and then serve with minimal work needed.
- Start this one off by preheating a large fry pan on medium heat. Add the oil, then the onions and garlic. Sauté until they are nicely caramelized.
- Add the basil to the pan, cook for another 30 seconds or so and then transfer to a food processor or blender.
- Add the cucumber, yogurt, lemon juice, honey, salt, pepper and coriander seed to the blender as well.
- Now puree until very smooth, chill in the fridge for a couple hours and then serve.
- Garnish with a dollop of yogurt and a pinch of paprika to pretty it up.
- PREP 20 mins
- COOK 10 mins
- Although chilled is what is recommended, you can also serve this warm right after making it. It is delicious both ways ?