Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- PREP 15 mins
- COOK 20 mins
- READY IN 35 mins
These dense and tasty muffins are a nice option to make and freeze. We make these up and put them in lunches frozen. Then come snack time they are defrosted and ready to be devoured.
- Preheat oven to 375oF and line muffin pan with large paper liners
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, eggs, pumpkin, yogurt, and pumpkin spice until mixture is smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix the three flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until completely combined (this batter tends to be drier than other batters).
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin. These muffins do not rise a lot, so fill each cup to the top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes in a preheated oven (in our house, we prefer to leave them slightly undercooked).
- Remove muffins from pan after 5 minutes and place on a rack to cool.
- Freeze any unused muffins.
Make your own pumpkin spice with the following recipe, 1/4 tsp ground clove, 1/2 tsp ground ginger,1/2 tsp ground nutmeg, 1 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/4 tsp ground all spice