Blackened Halibut Tacos
You can make a few friends with these yummy fish tacos. They are pretty simple to make and when you use fresh halibut they are dynamite.
- Mix the avocado, tomato, corn, green onion and lime juice in a small mixing bowl and then season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Add all of the blackening spice ingredients to a bowl and then give it a good stir with a whisk.
- Now preheat a medium fry pan on medium heat.
- Add the blackening spice to a wide bottom bowl or a plate and then one at a time dredge the halibut in the spice. Give it an even light coat of the spice on both sides.
- Now pour 1 – 2 tablespoons of canola oil into the preheated pan, wait 10 seconds for it to heat up and then place the halibut into the pan. Cook on both sides until its nicely blackened and just cooked through. Alternatively you could cook the halibut on the BBQ. Just make sure to grease the grill very well immediately before placing the halibut on.
- Remove the halibut from the pan and set aside to cool a little and then cut each fillet into 3 or 4 pieces.
- Lay the tortilla shells out on a baking sheet, give them a light brush of oil (optional) and then warm them up under the broiler of your oven (or on the BBQ if you prefer). Be careful you don’t burn them!
- Now you are ready to serve the tacos. Lay everything out on the table and then everyone can make their own taco buy placing the halibut in the center of the tortilla, top with the salsa and then drizzle with yogurt. Then its time to roll it up and bite away.
- PREP 20 mins
- COOK 10 mins
- Try cod or salmon if you don’t prefer salmon.
- You could use a pre-made salsa and just add a little chopped avocado to it if you wanted to save a little time.