Slow Baked Ribs
Want to make the most amazing tender ribs? Well this is the recipe for you then. It is super easy and so very delicious.
- Place the ribs upside down (cupped side up) on a cutting board. Using a paring knife, cut under the white membrane on first bone of the rack. Once you free a section of the membrane you should be able to pull the rest of it off.
- Now combine the turmeric, cumin, pepper and salt in a small mixing bowl. Sprinkle the spice rub liberally all over the ribs on both sides.
- Arrange the ribs in a casserole dish so that they are fit snugly together. Feel free to cut them in half first if you dish is not long enough.
- Wrap tightly with foil and then bake in a preheated 220° F for 2 ½ – 3 hours until they are fork tender (meaning you can cut them with a fork).
- Now you can cool the ribs and keep them in the fridge until you are ready to serve them or use them immediately.
- To finish the ribs, grill on the BBQ until nicely caramelized and hot all the way through. Optionally you can brush them with BBQ sauce before grilling.
- Serve hot off the grill and watch the smiles around you. If you are alone, then look in the mirror ?
- PREP 20 mins
- COOK 3 hours
- If you don’t want to use BBQ sauce, drizzle with honey before grilling. The sweetness balances out the spices so well!