Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Homemade Chips and Crackers
- Prep time 5 mins
- Cook time 12 mins
Instead of the deep fried or multiple un-pronounceable ingredient packed options you will find in the chip and cracker isle, here we have an option that you can be comfortable feeding your kids or your friends.
- Choose what you want to make chips or crackers with:
- Flavour ingredients:
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Cut whatever you are using into bite sized pieces or if using a loaf of bread, first slice thin (1/8th inch) and then cut in half or quarters.
- Now you can lay them out on a baking sheet and bake them plain or you could spray the chips or crackers with olive oil or canola oil using a hand pump sprayer. Toss them in a mixing bowl while spraying to give a light coat of oil. This will give spices something to grab on to.
- Now choose your spices or herbs or both and give a nice sprinkle again while tossing the chips or crackers in a mixing bowl.
- Lay them out on a baking sheet in a single layer and then bake in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes. They should be crisp and golden brown.
- Serve with your favourite homemade dips and your guests will love you.
All the variations you need are above!