Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Roasted Cauliflower and Cashew
- Prep time 15 mins
- Cook time 17 mins
Oven roasting cauliflower is one of the best ways to enjoy this vegetable all-star. Roasting brings out an amazing nuttiness in this otherwise low flavour veggie and your mouth won’t believe that you are eating cauliflower.
- Set your oven rack on the bottom of the oven and preheat to 425°F.
- Break the cauliflower into florets and then cut in half or quarters depending on the size. We are going for bite size pieces and the idea is to create flat surfaces so that the cauliflower will sit flat on the pan and brown nicely.
- Add the chopped cauliflower and cashews to a mixing bowl and then toss with the oil.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and cinnamon. I like to use lots of cinnamon!
- Now pour everything onto a large cookie/baking sheet. Flip as many of the cauliflower pieces onto their flat, cut side as possible and then push everything together so there is little space between. This will prevent the cashews from burning.
- Place into the oven and roast for 15 – 20 minutes, flipping everything about halfway through or once the cauliflower is nicely browned on the cut side and continue until browned all over.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot, warm or cold.
Add some extra veggies for a little variety. Sliced onions, peppers and zucchini are all good choices.
Reviews on "Roasted Cauliflower and Cashew" (1)