Manchego Prosciutto Crepe Rolls
- Prep time 20 mins
- Cook time 10 mins
Tasty little bites, these crepe rolls can really impress. The manchego and prosciutto work very nicely together and the asparagus balances out the strong flavours perfectly.
- For the crepes:
- Filling ingredients:
- Combine all of the ingredients for the crepes in a small mixing bowl and whisk together very well.
- Preheat a small well-seasoned cast iron or non-stick fry pan on medium heat. Add a touch of butter and then pour a small amount of the batter into the pan. Try to keep the crepe as thin as possible by pouring whilst tilting the fry pan around until the bottom of the pan is just barely covered.
- Taking care to not burn the crepe, flip as soon as it is lightly browned and cook the other side. Then place on a plate while you cook the rest of the batter. You should get from 3 – 6 crepes depending on the size of your pan.
- Now it is time to assemble the crepes. Sprinkle a dose of manchego all around and then 1 or 2 slices of prosciutto.
- Next run a few shoots of asparagus up the middle and then roll. Place on a small tray and then into a 400º F (toaster) oven just until the cheese melts.
- Carefully cut into bite-sized pieces and serve warm.
Change the cheese, use a different kind of ham and try different grilled veggies to make your own crepe rolls.