This is colourful tangy flavour popping version of the Mediterranean classic. Enjoy this recipe as a dip for crackers, pita or vegetables or use it as a replacement to mayo in your favourite sandwich
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or good blender. If needed, slowly add water to assist the blending process until mixture is smooth.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- Adjust seasoning if necessary and garnish with fresh herbs and a dash of oil.
- PREP 10 mins
- For an Asian twist on this traditional Mediterranean dip, omit the curry add ¼ cup of peanut butter and 2 pieces of crystallized ginger to the food processor with the other ingredients – this is definitely a WINNING combination we dare you to try
- Add a little colour and flavour by blending ¼ cup of roasted red pepper into the hummus mixture
- For something different, try using cooked lentils or black beans in place of the traditional chickpeas. If you are daring and in the mood for something green, try adding frozen peas.