Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Breadless Red Pepper Sandwich
- Prep time 10 mins
- Cook time 5 mins
Leave a Review
Bread? Who needs it?? With this creation, we are using lightly grilled red peppers to keep our sandwich together and it does a fine job! Replacing grains with veggies is a great thing to do and this sandwich is so delicious you will not even miss the bread…
- When shopping, try to choose red peppers that have at least 2 flat sides. The flat sides will work best for the sandwich. If you are lucky, you can find a large pepper that has 3 or 4 sides you can use.
- Cut the pepper so as to make a nice flat piece that will work as a piece of bread.
- Now either on the BBQ or in a fry pan, lightly grill the pepper for about 2 minutes on each side. This will soften the pepper up a little.
- Now using the peppers as your bread, build your sandwich. Spread a little mayo on the pepper and then add the beef.
- Next put on a few slices of bocconcini, top with a little arugula, add a touch more mayo to the top pepper slice and place on top.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Grilled chicken works well in place of the roast beef and guacamole is great as on option to the mayo.