Chilli Lime Eggs on Toast
A totally unique way to use your eggs, this appy will certainly please a few palettes. The ingredient list is a little longer than usual, but hey, its well worth it!
- In a medium sized mixing bowl whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, cumin, garlic powder, salt, pepper, chilli flakes and lime zest and juice. Give it a good whisk and set aside.
- Preheat a small pan on medium heat. At the same time, preheat the broiler of your oven or toaster oven. Add the butter, corn, pepper and onion to the pan. Sauté for 3-4 minutes, stirring regularly until lightly browned.
- Now add the egg mixture and make a frittata/omelette. After 2 – 3 minutes lift the egg with a spatula on one side and tilt the pan so the un-cooked eggs slide under the cooked eggs. Repeat on the other side and then put the pan under the broiler to finish cooking the eggs. If you care to try, you can flip the frittata and finish cooking in the pan.
- Carefully transfer to a cutting board and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Now assemble your toasts! Apply some cream cheese on the crackers of choice, top with a piece of the frittata and garnish with the your choice of basil, tomato and/or avocado and enjoy!
- PREP 20 mins
- COOK 8 mins
- Use the frittata as breakfast and eat it as is. You could spread the cream cheese on top and then top with some tomato and avocado…yumm!