Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Baked Kale Chips
- PREP 15 mins
- COOK 3 hours
Eat as much kale as you can and with this recipe you can enjoy it too. Tonnes of flavour and great texture, you will not even know you are eating kale!
- Preheat oven to 225° F.
- Drain the soaked cashews and add them to a food processor or blender.
- Add the salt, pepper, paprika, garlic and olive oil and start your food processor. Add filtered water starting with ¼ cup while the machine is running. Puree until smooth, stopping once or twice to scrape the edges of the bowl. Add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time if necessary until you get a hummus-like texture.
- Now combine the cashew mixture with the kale in a mixing bowl and toss very well to combine. Transfer to a lightly oiled baking sheet and place in the oven.
- Bake until the kale chips are dry and crispy! You can store in an air tight container for quite a while, however they are best enjoyed within a few days.
- Substitute the cashews with almonds or peanuts for a more cost effective alternative.