Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Prosciutto Goat Cheese Croustinis
- PREP 30 mins
- COOK 10 mins
A very tasty little appy well capable of pleasing many palates. The creamy goat cheese goes so well with the rich prosciutto and then the apricot and caramelized onion add a great accent.
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Take the baguette and slice into ¼ inch slices and arrange on a baking tray. Bake until nice and crispy and toasted all around and remove from the oven. Give the croustinis a drizzle of olive oil and then set aside for now.
- Now its time to preheat a small fry pan on medium heat. Add the butter and onions and sauté until nicely caramelized. Once nicely browned, add a touch more butter and then the sage and sauté for another minute.
- We can now add the apricots and the rice wine vinegar. Remove pan from the heat and let it sit until we are ready.
- Now add your goat cheese and cream or coconut milk to a mixing bowl and whisk vigorously until light and fluffy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lets assemble the croustinis now. Begin by spreading a spoonful of the softened goat cheese on each of the baguette crisps. Now place a couple of small rolled up pieces of the prosciutto on each piece and then top with the onion, apricot mixture. They are ready to serve and best served right away! Enjoy.
- Try using different baguettes or bread for the croustinis. All you have to do is cut them about ¼ inch thick and in any shape or size you like after that.
- If you have some on hand, a drizzle of balsamic reduction makes an amazing garnish.