Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Honey Mustard Hummus Spread
- Prep time 15 mins
- Cook time 20 mins
Honey mustard hummus may sound odd, but use it as a spread for a hot dog, hamburger or veggie burger and your in heaven. For this recipe we are using the spread for canapés along with roasted red pepper and fresh chorizo. Yumm!
- Hummus Spread
- Combine all the ingredients for the hummus, except for the olive oil in a food processor and start to puree. Slowly add the olive oil until you get a nice consistency. Let the processor run for about 1 minute until the spread is very smooth. Set aside.
- Slice the baguette into pieces about a ¼ inch thick and place on a cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and bake in a 415° F oven until golden brown and crispy. Set aside to cool.
- Now its assembly time. Place a liberal amount of the spread on your toast. Top that with the warm chorizo, a piece of roasted red pepper and garnish with fresh chopped herbs. Now enjoy!
- Use any kind of sausage you like or none at all if you wanted to go vegetarian.
- You could use some pesto in place of the hummus and it would also be very tasty.