Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Spicy Tofu and Marinated Cucumber Rolls
- Prep time 30 mins
- Cook time 20 mins
Fresh and tasty, this salad roll is easy to make, looks nice and is delicious.
- For the spicy tofu:
- For the marinated cucumber:
- Combine all ingredients for the tofu in a mixing bowl and gently toss with your hands until all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Preheat the toaster oven or regular oven to 425° F.
- Place the tofu on a baking tray and bake for about 20 minutes or until tofu is browned and beautiful. Set aside until its wrap time.
- Now for the cucumber. Avoiding the seedy center, cut the cucumber into strips and then cut again into julienne strips.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the vinegar and honey and make sure the honey dissolves. Now add the sesame oil, ginger, shallot, salt and pepper and stir well to combine.
- Add the cucumber to the marinade and let sit in the fridge for an hour or overnight to soften up if you have the time.
- Once you are ready to assemble your wraps, soak the rice paper for 10 minutes in water. Remove from the water and then lay 1 or 2 at a time on a cutting board.
- Add some cucumber (marinade drained), and then tofu and optionally some fresh carrot sticks.
- Roll the rice paper as tight as you can and serve immediately.