Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Sweet & Spicy Chai Chicken
- Prep time 5 mins
- Cook time 25 mins
Chai tea can also be used as a rub. In this recipe we have enhanced the flavours with a few extra ingredients and it is amazing. Sweet, a little spicy and tonnes of flavour!
- Tear open the tea bag and transfer to a small bowl. Add the coriander, salt, cayenne, lemon juice and molasses. Stir for a minute or so until totally combined.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the chai mixture onto both sides of the chicken.
- Preheat a non-stick or all clad pan on medium heat and also preheat your toaster oven or regular oven to 350° F. Do not use cast iron as the rub will be very difficult to remove.
- Add a little oil to the pan and then place the chicken in. Nicely brown on both sides and then transfer to the pre-heated oven. Bake until chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Serve with your favourite whole grain and veggies and dinner is done and yummy.
- Marinate the chicken overnight in the fridge for enhanced flavour penetration.
- Serve the chai chicken as part of a gourmet sandwich!