Watermelon Soup with Garlic Prawns
- Cook time 5 mins
A perfectly refreshing snack or appy for hot summer day. The avocado in the recipe may seem strange, but it is the perfect addition to give the cold soup a touch of extra body.
- Combine watermelon, avocado and lemon juice in a blender and puree on high until totally smooth. Transfer the soup to the fridge and chill.
- Once the soup has chilled, portion into desired bowls and then preheat a large fry pan on medium heat.
- Once the pan is hot, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and then the shrimp. Season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- After the shrimpy’s are almost cooked, add the garlic, lemon zest and optionally 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Now place the shrimp into the bowls with the soup, serve and enjoy!
You can skip the shrimp if you want and serve the soup as is or you can take the shrimp to another level and wrap it with a thin strip of prosciutto ham before frying…your choice!