Watermelon Soup with Garlic Prawns
A perfectly refreshing snack or appy for hot summer day. The avocado in the recipe may seem strange, but it is the perfect addition to give the cold soup a touch of extra body.
- Combine watermelon, avocado and lemon juice in a blender and puree on high until totally smooth. Transfer the soup to the fridge and chill.
- Once the soup has chilled, portion into desired bowls and then preheat a large fry pan on medium heat.
- Once the pan is hot, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and then the shrimp. Season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- After the shrimpy’s are almost cooked, add the garlic, lemon zest and optionally 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Now place the shrimp into the bowls with the soup, serve and enjoy!
- COOK 5 mins
- You can skip the shrimp if you want and serve the soup as is or you can take the shrimp to another level and wrap it with a thin strip of prosciutto ham before frying…your choice!