Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Roasted Eggplant Rolls
- Cook time 10 mins
Leave a Review
Even if you are not a fan of eggplant there is a good chance you will love this appetizer. It has tonnes of flavour and it presents very nicely.
- Brush a cookie sheet or baking tray with a little olive oil.
- Very carefully slice the eggplant into thin slices about 1/8th of inch thick. You will end up with little circles. Place them on the baking tray.
- Now combine rosemary, shallots, olive oil, salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl and stir very well.
- Brush the mixture on to the sliced eggplant.
- Now set your oven rack on the second from the top and set the oven to broil high. Place the eggplant tray in the oven and leave the door open a crack.
- Checking frequently towards the end, broil until the eggplant is golden brown all over (about 10 minutes) and then remove and set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl whip the goat cheese and cream together until light and fluffy. Season with a pinch of pepper.
- Spoon a small amount of cheese and one or two of the red pepper slices on to each of the eggplant slices.
- Now carefully roll up each side and then place onto the crackers of your choice.
- Serve up your awesome appies and watch your guests smile.
- Our favourite cracker pairing with this appetizer are the Rosemary Raisin Pecan Raincoast Crisps
- Caramelised onion or finely chopped olives are great substitutions for the roasted red pepper