Mashed Potato Mountains
With a nice presentation, this a great way to take mashed potatoes to a new level. Make them even better by making a blend of mashed potatoes and parsnips. The parsnips are a bit more nutritionally dense and have a much lower glycemic load!
- This recipe is perfect for using up left over mashed potatoes. That said, you can make a batch of mash specifically for this recipe. Make the mash with ½ potatoes and ½ parsnips, squash, celeriac or turnip to make this recipe healthier.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of butter and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Transfer the warm mash to a piping bag fitted with a star tip if you have one. A round tip will also work. Pipe the mash in a coil shape, building it up to make a “mountain” to your desired size.
- Sprinkle with a little bit of cheese and then bake in the preheated 425° F oven for about 15 minutes until its lightly browned.
- Serve and enjoy!
- PREP 15 mins
- COOK 15 mins
- Try adding a couple pinches of paprika and ¼ cup of thinly sliced green onions for some nice colour and flavour.
- Fresh herbs can also be a nice touch. Basil, thyme, oregano or parsley would all work well.