Baked Granola Apple
- Prep time 25 mins
- Cook time 20 mins
An absolutely fantastic snack or dessert, I like to think of this as a healthy replacement to apple pie. With absolutely no flour and no sugar, you can make up a batch of these and enjoy them with nutritious comfort right from the fridge or served warm with a dollop of delicious Tree Island yogurt.
- For the granola:
- Preheat the oven to 350° F with the rack in the center of the oven.
- Mix together all of the ingredients for the granola and stir until evenly distributed. Set aside.
- Cut the apples in half horizontally so that the stem is on one half and the bottom is on the other.
- Now carefully carve out the apple core, making a small well in the apple. In the end it should almost look like a bowl. This will hold the almond butter and granola.
- Spread 1 – 2 tablespoons of almond butter on each apple half so that there is a thin layer covering the cut side.
- Now mound the granola on top of the apple and almond butter. Make sure that you pack it down gently so that it stays put. Arrange on a baking tray
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until the granola is lightly browned and the apples are cooked.
- Spoon some yogurt over top of the warm apples and enjoy this awesome dessert.
- You could also make this with pears instead of apple.
- Any homemade granola recipe will work well for this recipe, so feel free to experiment.