Buffalo Mozzarella Crostini’s
- Prep time 15 mins
- Cook time 15 mins
These little crostini’s are a delicious appy on a warm or cold day. The fresh mozzarella, whether you get the buffalo or cow mozzarella is very refreshing and toasting the crostini’s in the garlic chilli oil is awesome!
- Other garnishes:
- Slice your baguette into 1 – 2 cm thick crostini’s.
- Heat the oil on medium high heat, remove from the heat and then add the garlic and hot pepper. Stir occasionally for a couple of minutes to allow the flavours to incorporate into the oil. **Note**After handling hot peppers, make sure to wash your hands and the cutting board!
- Now dip the baguette slices into the oil on one side only.
- It’s toasting time…you can toast the crostini’s one of two ways. Option one is placing them on a baking tray and then into a preheated 400° F. Bake until lightly toasted. Option 2 is to do it right on a preheated BBQ grill. Grill on medium high heat lightly on both sides until toasted.
- Slice the mozzarella into 1 cm thick slices. Cut the larger middle slices in half so that they are roughly the same size as the crostini’s.
- Place the sliced mozzarella on the crostini’s and then season with salt, pepper and/or paprika.
- Finish off with some other garnishes if desired and then serve and enjoy!
Try different baguettes from the bakery. Roasted garlic, jalapeño or multi-grain are all delicious.