Coconut Chia Pudding
This is a dairy-free naturally thickened pudding which boasts the benefits of coconut milk and chia seeds. The pudding is very much like tapioca since the chia seeds gel when they are added to a liquid. This dessert/snack is slightly sweet, light in texture and has the flavour of coconut.
- Add the coconut milk to a mixing bowl and give a good stir.
- Add approximately ½ of a cup of the coconut milk to a small pot along with the honey. Warm on the stove top and stir until the honey is completely dissolved.
- Pour the warm honey/coconut mixture back into the mixing bowl.
- Add the chia seeds and vanilla and stir well.
- It’s time to let the pudding set. It will need at least 3 hours in the fridge.
- Once it is set give it a stir and it is ready to enjoy.
- To make a nice dessert, serve the pudding on top of fresh fruit salad with a touch of shaved chocolate sprinkled on top. You can use many different kinds of fruit: apples, plums, pears, cantaloupe and berries all work great.
- PREP 15 mins
- Turn the pudding into a chocolate coconut version by simply adding 1 – 2 ounces of chopped semi-sweet chocolate to the warm coconut milk after the honey is incorporated and stir until melted.