Garlic and White Wine Spot Prawns
There is really no better way to enjoy prawns than this preparation in my opinion. Lots of garlic and olive oil with a touch of wine, parsley and spice. It’s awesome and in 15 years cooking professionally, this is king.
- If they are not already, then peel and de-vein the prawns. You can also butterfly them if you like by making an incision on the back of the prawn. Make the incision on the thicker half only and about half way through.
- Season the prawns with the salt and red pepper flakes
- Now preheat a large fry pan on medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the olive oil, wait 5 seconds and then add the prawns. If you are using spot prawns then you will only need to cook them about 15-20 seconds per side. The tiger prawns need a little longer.
- Just before the prawns finish cooking, add the garlic and parsley and toss for about 10 seconds.
- Now add the wine and remove from the pan immediately and serve.
- PREP 10 mins
- COOK 1 min
- Add ¼ cup thinly sliced shallots for an extra touch.
- Curry powder, cumin or coriander would all be great additions.