Maple Chili Lime Marinade
A tasty way to jazz up halibut, shrimp, salmon or scallops. The maple syrup caramelizes wonderfully and we get some great flavour with the sesame oil and coriander. With a touch of spice and a hint of citrus, its perfect!
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir very well to combine.
- Add your fish of choice to the marinade and keep in the fridge for about 1 hour for larger pieces and 30 minutes for smaller ones before cooking for maximum flavour absorption.
- When it comes time to cook, remove the fish from the marinade. Dispose of the used marinade and preheat a medium or large fry pan on medium heat.
- Once the pan is hot, add a splash of oil and then the fish. Cook evenly on both sides until desired doneness and serve immediately with your favourite grain and lots of vegetables.
- PREP 1 hour 5 mins
- Add fresh chopped cilantro or thinly sliced green onions for an extra element to this dish.