Baked Yam Chips
- Prep time 15 mins
- Cook time 2 mins
Another fantastic substitute to the unhealthy deep fried alternatives. I have recommended baking these at 225° F to preserve the nutritional value in the olive oil. You can crank the heat to 350° F if you need them to cook quicker.
- I recommend leaving the skin on the yams, but you will need to scrub them very well, just like a potato.
- Using a mandoline, slice the yam as thin as possible. Keep dialing the mandoline thinner until its as thin as possible but still holds together without tearing.
- Place the sliced yams in a mixing bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Toss together until everything is evenly distributed.
- Now lay out on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. You can overlap the slices slightly as the yams will shrink by 25% or so.
- Bake in the oven at 225° F until the chips are crispy. You will need to keep checking them until they are just right and it will take up to 2 ½ hours. Be patient, its worth it!
- Once they are done, cool and then store in an air tight container for up to a week…yah right…they will be gone before your head hits the pillow tonight!
You can use a dehydrator instead of the oven if you are looking for a raw option.