Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
- Prep time 15 mins
- Cook time 25 mins
Leave a Review
Making your own ketchup gives you control. Control to use organic tomatoes (if you choose)…control to use honey instead of processed sugar…control to add fresh herbs to make it more delicious. Besides all of that, it tastes amazing so give it a try.
- Preheat a pot on medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil and then the onions and garlic. Sauté until lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, cumin, vinegar and honey to the pot.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 – 25 minutes until the mixture is nice and concentrated.
- Now puree with a blender or food processor until nice and smooth.
- You can keep your ketchup in a squeeze bottle (if you have one) in the fridge to enjoy the next time you need a squirt!
Add in some spice with jalapeños if you wanted to zip it up a little. Try adding ½ of a jalapeño along with the garlic and onions.