Creamy Cucumber and Avocado Dressing
This is a wonderful dressing to have in your repertoire. The base of the dressing is pureed avocado and cucumber with a little Greek yogurt and the result is something simple yet creamy and full of flavour…love this one!
- For a smoother texture you can partially or completely peel the cucumber skin. I like to leave the skin on if using organic cukes for the nutrients.
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor/blender or use an immersion blender and puree the dressing until totally smooth.
- This dressing will last for 4 or 5 days in the fridge. You can use this dressing on most any salad mix. It also works great as a dip for veggies and a sandwich spread.
- I love it most as a dressing for grilled potato salad. Boil some firm flesh potatoes until still firm, but cooked. Then cut into bite size pieces and grill on the BBQ.
- Grill some red onion slices as well.
- Mix the grilled potatoes and onions with diced tomato and red pepper and then toss with a liberal amount of dressing. Mix well and serve.
- PREP 10 mins
- This dressing makes a great sub for Caesar dressing.