No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars
These low sugar, all natural bars are made by putting together a very simple recipe. Although the protein content is not as high, they make an excellent substitute to many protein bars and they taste amazing when eaten from the freezer.
- Add the oats to a food processor and pulse for about 10 seconds until nicely chopped, but not ground. Add to a medium sized mixing bowl. If you don’t have a food processor, a blender will do the trick. Otherwise you can use quick oats.
- Add the peanut butter, vanilla and honey to the bowl with the oats and stir very well until the mixture is totally incorporated.
- Now add the rice cereal and gently stir to incorporate.
- Turn out the mixture onto a cutting board that will fit in the freezer. Flatten it out with a measuring cup and shape it into a square or rectangle that can be easily cut into bars. Cut into desired size. 1 inch by 3 inches makes a good snack size.
- As an option you can drizzle your shaped form with some melted chocolate.
- Now sprinkle with the nut meal and then place in the fridge or freezer. Once they are set, you can transfer them to a storage container. Keep them refrigerated or frozen for up to 3 months good luck making them last that long.
- PREP 15 mins
- Add some chopped walnuts to the mix along with the rice cereal for an omega-3 boost.
- Crumble a bar into a bowl of vanilla or plain yogurt or some vanilla ice cream if you are looking for a treat.