Sweet and Spicy Marinated Chicken
- Prep time 5 mins
- Cook time 15 mins
This marinade is incredibly tasty and it lends itself to more than just chicken. It is great for steaks as well and it can even be used as a stir-fry sauce. We get unrefined sweetness from the molasses, a little sour with the lime juice and a nice spicy punch from the cayenne pepper.
- For the marinade:
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir well.
- Marinate chicken for about 3 hours. If using chicken breast, cut in half horizontally and then add it to the marinade. Chicken thighs can go straight in.
- After marinating time is up, remove meat from the marinade and wipe off the excess.
- Cook on a preheated BBQ set on medium.
- Take care as the marinade has sugar because of the molasses and it will burn. You may need to move the meat to a cooler part of the grill to finish cooking without burning.
- Serve this up with your favourite veggies and a grain or slice the meat and add to a soup or noodle dish and enjoy.
- This marinade also works well for top sirloin or strip loin beef steaks.
- Add 1 tablespoon chopped garlic for another flavour profile.