This is a super tangy and delicious alternative to the jar in the grocery aisle. Use it anywhere you use mayonnaise…Sandwiches, burgers, as a dip etc. I love it on top of fried eggs in the morning!
- Start this recipe off by preheating a medium fry pan on medium-high heat. Add a touch of oil and then the onion, garlic, and chorizo. Sauté, stirring frequently until everything is nicely browned. Set aside to cool.
- Once cool, add the contents of the pan to your food processor or blender along with the oregano, egg yolk, vinegar, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Puree on a low setting if possible and run for 15-20 seconds.
- Once everything is pureed, start slowly adding the oil. A slow steady stream of oil is necessary for a successful mayo!
- Keep adding oil slowly until the mayo reaches the desired consistency. The more oil you add the thicker the mayo will get. Add a little less oil and you will have a runnier salad dressing consistency. This makes a great dressing!
- Store in the fridge and use up within 5 days.
- PREP 10 mins
- COOK 10 mins
- Simply omit the chorizo if you don’t have any on hand and this recipe will still turn out great.