Baked Yam Fries
Because these are baked and not deep fried, then have a bit of a softer texture than you may be used to, but they also have a lot more flavour and vibrance and they make a beautiful side to steak or chicken.
- Pre-heat the oven to 425°F with the rack one spot from the bottom.
- There are no measurements for the spices with this recipe as yams vary greatly in size and so do peoples taste buds. So you will need to use your judgement when you make them.
- Add the yams to a bowl. Drizzle with the oil and then toss to evenly coat. Now sprinkle with spices. Start with salt and pepper and toss, then move on to the garlic powder, paprika and bread crumbs. Toss very well to make sure that everything is evenly distributed and then transfer to a baking sheet.
- Place into the oven and bake for about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and flip the yams on to the other side. Place back in the oven for 5 – 10 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Serve with dinner or for a snack and you will love them
- PREP 10 mins
- COOK 20 mins
- You could make a big batch of these up and freeze them before you bake them. Then simple bake from frozen when you want some!
- Chipotle mayo is the perfect accompaniment to yam fries.