Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
- Prep time 8 mins
- Cook time 12 mins
So we are talking about a great wheat free option for pizza. Its a little light for dinner by itself, but it can be part of dinner or it makes an awesome appetizer.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Put the sun-dried tomatoes in a small bowl and then pour enough boiling water to cover them. Let them soak for 5 minutes to soften up and then slice.
- Place the mushrooms, upside down on a baking tray and top each one evenly with sauce, sundried tomatoes, spinach, pine nuts and then the cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. The pizzas can be cut into bite-size pieces and served as an appetizer or served whole as part of a meal.
- Try using different cheeses such as Swiss, parmesan or feta.
- For an alternative sauce use hummus, chutney or pesto.
- Experiment with your favourite pizza toppings or create your own gourmet pizza with whatever you find in the fridge.