Molasses Spiced Beef Cabbage Rolls
- Prep time 20 mins
- Cook time 10 mins
Clean and healthy, this simple dinner/lunch idea is so refreshing and very tasty. We use the cabbage leaves as a taco of sorts with its lovely crunch and the pickled onions, this is one of my favourite simple dishes.
- Start off by combining the onion and vinegar in a small bowl and set aside.
- Now preheat a large fry pan on medium heat. Add a little oil or butter and then the onion. Sauté, stirring occasionally until the onions are lightly browned.
- Add the ginger and sauté for 1 minute longer.
- Now you can add the beef and sauté until the beef is lightly browned.
- Add the molasses, cumin and salt and cook until the beef is cooked all the way through, stirring occasionally.
- Now you can assemble. Using the whole green cabbage leaves, they work like a tortilla! Fill the leaves with some of the beef, fresh tomato and the pickled onion and enjoy this fresh creation.
Other taco friendly ingredients are great here too. Sour cream, avocado, salsa, shredded cheese. Do it!