Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Bocconcini Roasted Vegetable Salad
- PREP 15 mins
- COOK 20 mins
Awesome warm day, on the patio, making you feel good salad! Spring or summer, this salad is perfect. The Island bocconcini is amazing and complemented perfectly with some roasted veggies and fresh basil. Serve at your next outdoor meal!
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 425° F. Arrange onion, zucchini and pepper on a baking tray, drizzle with a little oil, season lightly with salt and pepper and then roast until nicely browned.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a couple minutes. Now peel any burnt bits off of the red pepper and then chop into large pieces.
- Transfer all the veggies into a medium sized mixing bowl along with the bocconcini. Add the olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, cayenne and basil and give a toss to combine.
- Check that the salad is seasoned well and serve as is, or on top of some fresh salad greens.
- This salad goes nicely on top of warm or cold cooked grains as well. Brown rice, quinoa, millet, spelt…you choose!