Cranberry Almond Compote with Brie
- PREP 5 mins
- COOK 13 mins
Would you be happy if you had an easy way to whip up a very tasty appetizer? With fresh cranberries, local brie and your favourite crackers your guests’ palates will be pleased!
- In a small pot over medium heat add cranberries and water. Stirring constantly and mashing with a fork, simmer until most of the cranberries are broken up, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, cinnamon and salt. Stir constantly until desired consistency is achieved, approximately 1 minute. Remember mixture will thicken as it cools.
- To warm brie place in the microwave or oven until the inside is soft, approximately 40 seconds for the microwave or 5-8 minutes in a 350° F oven.
- Pour compote mixture over brie and garnish with sliced almonds.
- Serve with your favourite crackers and enjoy.
- You can use several other types of nuts or a combination if you so dare instead of the almonds. Try pecans, walnuts or cashews.
- For added sweetness and flavour you could add 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries in with step two.
Nutritients per serving: Calories (kcal) 574.4, Fat (g) 30.6, Protein (g) 14.4, Sugar (g) 3.9, Fibre (g) 3.1, Vitamin A(µg) 66.7, Vitamin C (mg) 1.8, Vitamin D (µg) 0.1, Vitamin E (mg) 0.8, Thiamine (mg) 0.4, Riboflavin (mg) 0.3, Niacin (ne) 7.2, Folate (µg) 157.7, Vitamin B6 (mg) 0.6, Vitamin B12 (µg) 0.8, Calcium (mg) 194.3, Iron (mg) 4.8, Sodium (mg) 1075.6 Potassium (mg) 202.8, Carboydrate (g) 60.3