Turmeric Bison Sloppy Joes
- PREP 10 mins
- COOK 15 mins
Ok, so these are nothing like sloppy joes except they are messy and good. They are also rather nutritious with the likes of yogurt, carrot and turmeric providing consistency, texture and flavour. Make this when time is short but you still want to eat well.
- Preheat a large pan on medium heat and then add a little oil and the onion. Sauté until golden brown, stirring regularly and take care to not burn.
- Push the onions to the side or remove from the pan. Add a little more oil and then the bison. Sauté the bison stirring regularly until it is lightly browned and just cooked.
- Add the ginger, turmeric, chilli powder and salt and sauté for another 1 or 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Now remove the pan from the heat and add the carrots and yogurt and tomato if desired. Stir well to combine.
- Warm up the naan in the toaster oven, microwave or my favourite way in a lightly greased pan on medium heat.
- Add the meat mixture to the center of the naan, fold in half, then enjoy.
- Add a couple pinches of cayenne pepper to bump up the spicy.
- Try 1-2 tablespoons of molasses to give the dish a more saucy consistency.