Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
- PREP 20 mins
- COOK 5 mins
These tasty little cylinders make wonderful snacks or pre-cursors to dinner and they are a perfect way to use up some left over chicken!
- Shred up some left over chicken or if you don’t have any, then small dice some chicken breast and sauté until cooked through.
- Soak the sun-dried tomato in ½ cup of boiled water for 10 minutes. Remove from the water and slice thinly. Add to a mixing bowl along with the cooked chicken, black beans, cane sugar and then season with a little salt and paprika.
- Now roll up about ¼ cup of the mix in a tortilla. If the tortillas are a little dry, then mist them with some water and flash them in a warm pan or in the microwave for 5 seconds to soften them up first.
- Preheat a medium pan on medium heat. Make sure the pan in up to heat and add a decent amount of canola oil so that it is at least ½ cm deep. Let the oil warm up and then carefully place the taquitos into the oil fold down. This will seal the fold in place.
- Turn the taquitos every minute or so until it is lightly golden and crispy all over.
- Serve with some guacamole for dipping and enjoy!
- You can add a little cheese to the mix as well. A nice aged white cheddar works very well.
- Like with most of our recipes, extra veggies are always welcome. Sautéed onions, peppers and mushrooms make good options to add to the mix.